UW Health Northern Illinois seeks an Advance Practice Provider (APRN or PA-C) to join our Critical Care team at UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital in Rockford, IL.
The Advance Practice Provider is responsible for providing 24-hour support to our intensivists in our 30-bed Critical Care Unit. The ideal candidate will be a team player with passion and experience caring for the sickest patients in a critical care setting
Your clinical support includes the following:
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary health care teams in diagnosis and treatment of conditions requiring critical care intervention
- Effectively communicating with patient, family and staff to promote continuity of care
- Rotating day and night coverage (7a-7p or 7p-7a)
- Master’s degree from an accredited PA program or completion of a master’s level advanced practice nurse program.
- Active license in the State of IL and Active DEA license or ability to apply for a such license prior to or upon hire.
- ICU or CCU experience as an APP or RN
As a UW Health Northern Illinois Advanced Practice Provider, you will join our team of 111 APPs who enjoy the following support and benefits:
- Transformation Nursing Leadership with Magnet® Recognition, Shared Governance and Professional Practice Models, and Full Practice Authority Committee
- Professional Nurse Internship and Ambulatory Nurse Residency Programs
- Highly-competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive family-friendly benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, onsite childcare and sick childcare, generous vacation, and retirement program.
About the Greater Rockford Area
Rockford and northern Illinois offer world-class attractions, outstanding recreation opportunities and beautiful parks — all at a cost of living significantly below those of most metropolitan areas. And for a quick visit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison are each just 90 minutes away or less. The Greater Rockford area offers superb cultural, recreational and outdoor amenities along with an eclectic arts community of theater, symphony, museums and dance. With an award-winning park district, Rockford also offers unrivaled outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals plus Golf Digest-ranked golf courses, endless bike trails and extensive indoor and outdoor sports centers. In addition, we have excellent private, parochial and public-school options including the renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5% nationally.
For more information on how you can advance your career with UW Health Northern Illinois, or to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration, please contact Emily Pfau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (779) 696-7019.