UW Health Northern Illinois seeks an Advance Practice Provider (APRN or PA-C) to join the Medical Oncology team at UW Health SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center in Rockford, IL. Our philosophy is to provide compassionate, supportive, comprehensive cancer care for our community.
The Advance Practice Provider is responsible for providing comprehensive care to both well and ill patients in an outpatient setting, working collaboratively with our team of Medical Oncologists, PA and APRNs.
The Advance Practice Provider will demonstrate a high degree of clinical expertise in working with patients with acute and chronic illnesses, and will also provide care and educate patients and their families on wellness care and treatment plans for health disorders, and intervene in acute episodes. They are responsible for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, education, health promotion and care coordination for patients and families with acute and chronic health needs.
Your clinical support includes
- Full-time practice supporting hard-working Medical Oncologists
- Provide care and educate families on wellness and treatment plans
- Clinic patient schedule of Monday-Friday 8 am–5 pm
- Master’s degree from an accredited PA program or completion of a master’s level advanced practice nurse program.
- Active PA license in the State of IL and Active DEA license or ability to apply for such a license prior to or upon hire.
Support and benefits
As a UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital Advanced Practice Provider, you will join our team of 111 APPs who enjoy the following support and benefits:
- Transformation Nursing Leadership with Magnet® Recognition, Shared Governance and Professional Practice Models, and Full Practice Authority Committee
- Professional Nurse Internship and Ambulatory Nurse Residency Programs
- Highly-competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive family-friendly benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, onsite childcare and sick childcare, generous vacation, and retirement program.
About the Greater Rockford area
Rockford and northern Illinois offer world-class attractions, outstanding recreation opportunities and beautiful parks — all at a cost of living significantly below those of most metropolitan areas. And for a quick visit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison are each just 90 minutes away or less. The Greater Rockford area offers superb cultural, recreational and outdoor amenities along with an eclectic arts community of theater, symphony, museums and dance. With an award-winning park district, Rockford also offers unrivaled outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals plus Golf Digest-ranked golf courses, endless bike trails and extensive indoor and outdoor sports centers. In addition, we have excellent private, parochial and public school options including the renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5% nationally.
For more information on how you can advance your career with UW Health Northern Illinois, or to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration, please contact Emily Pfau at email@example.com or call (779) 696-7019.