UW Health Northern Illinois seeks an Advance Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) to join our busy Infectious Disease team UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital.
The NP/PA will act as a liaison between the attending physician and working along with the infectious disease consultant, will assist at providing care of patients with diverse infectious diseases, both in the in-patient and out-patient services.
This position will be based in the hospital (approximately 60%) and clinic (40%) setting.
Working hours: Mondays-Fridays: 8 am – 5 pm
- Demonstrates clinical expertise and expanded knowledge through patient care activities which may include diagnosis and management of a wide range of health problems, always in close coordination with the supervising infectious disease physician.
- Confers with collaborating physician and other health professionals in area of clinical expertise.
- Maintains a professional and respectful attitude towards all patients, family members, and staff.
- Develops appropriate educational systems for patients, families, and staff in areas of expertise.
- Conducts comprehensive appraisals of patients’ health status by taking health histories and performing physical examinations in clinical area.
- Prescribes/orders medications, therapies; orders/interprets laboratory tests, x-rays, and procedures according to clinical privileges, in accordance with the supervising infectious disease physicians and appropriate for level of training.
- Documents in the medical record all care and education provided and/or procedures performed for which the Licensed Advanced Practice Provider is responsible.
- Refers to other disciplines as appropriate.
- Consults to other disciplines in areas of expertise.
- Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner, and presentation.
- Advocates for patients, families, coworkers, and the community.
- Coordinates complex care plans with other health care providers such as physicians, pharmacists, and social workers.
- Monitors patients for response to therapy and toxicity related to treatment.
The ideal candidate
- Must be culturally sensitive and provide unbiased medical care.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and verbal skills.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to communicate findings and inform patient’s PCP (and other healthcare providers) of potential gaps in care.
- Collects, records, and maintains accurate patient information.
- Orders and interprets lab tests, and in home diagnostic studies.
- Orders DME, Skilled Nursing/PT/OT, and other services as clinically indicated.
- Interested in learning.
- Efficient but thorough.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have strong critical thinking and ability to work independently, while consistently coordinating with the supervising physician.
- Should be able to assess for gender identity and expression, socio-cultural and religious concerns of the patient and provides plans of care sensitive to those elements.
- Willing to assist others; adheres to deadlines; is accountable for actions and productivity; maintains focus; punctual with good attendance record.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school/college of nursing OR master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – BLS, issued by the American Heart Association.
About the Greater Rockford area
Rockford and northern Illinois offer world-class attractions, outstanding recreation opportunities and beautiful parks — all at a cost of living significantly below those of most metropolitan areas. And for a quick visit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison are each just 90 minutes away or less. The Greater Rockford area offers superb cultural, recreational and outdoor amenities along with an eclectic arts community of theater, symphony, museums and dance. With an award-winning park district, Rockford also offers unrivaled outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals plus Golf Digest-ranked golf courses, endless bike trails and extensive indoor and outdoor sports centers. In addition, we have excellent private, parochial and public school options including the renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5% nationally.
For more information on how you can advance your career with UW Health Northern Illinois, or to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration, please contact Abbe Castrogiovanni at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (779) 696-7193.