Who is eligible to participate in the program?
Any UW Health employee* who meets the following requirements is encouraged to apply:
- Has a 0.9 FTE or greater appointment.
- Has successfully passed a medical terminology class (This program has a self-paced, online course you can take prior to the NA program. Please speak to NA program manager for more information).
- Has been a UW Health employee for at least one year.
- Has received no formal/written discipline or been on a performance improvement plan within the last 12 months.
- Has earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A Leader Statement of Support Form submitted by their current Supervisor.
- Continues to meet eligibility requirements throughout participation in the program.
There is no out-of-pocket cost for current employees to participate in the program.
The following will be provided:
- First competency exam, both written and skills
- Academic support and tutorial services if needed
- Clinical work attire (e.g., scrubs)
*Temporary employees, employees-in-training, and student employees are not eligible for the paid portion of the NA Program