Who is eligible to participate in the program?
Any UW Health employee* who meets the following requirements is encouraged to apply:
- Has been a UW Health employee for at least one year
- Has received no formal/written discipline or been on a performance improvement plan within the last 12 months
- Continues to meet eligibility requirements throughout participation in the program
- A reference from current supervisor or manager will be obtained
- Per Department of Health Services (DHS) guidelines, must have functional abilities form filled out and approved (will be provided to you by Human Resources after application has been submitted and reviewed
- Will need to sign a 1-year commitment letter to UW Health upon successful completion of program
There is no out-of-pocket cost for current employees to participate in the program.
The following will be provided:
- First competency exam, both written and skills
- Academic support and tutorial services if needed
- Clinical work attire (e.g., scrubs)
- CPR certification
*Temporary employees, employees-in-training, and student employees are not eligible for the paid portion of the NA Program