UW Health Northern Illinois seeks an Advanced Practice Provider (APRN or PA-C) to join our general surgery team in Rockford, Illinois. We are looking for a dedicated candidate to provide our patients with high-quality treatment and diagnostic services and that embodies our mission: “Through excellence in healthcare and compassionate service, we care for our community.”
Your clinical support includes:
- Evaluate new and returning patients in the ambulatory setting.
- Provide pre- and post-operative care in both the outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Serve as first assist in the OR.
- Provide consultations in the emergency department and on the nursing units.
- Have a comprehensive full-time practice with call and some weekends.
- Completion of an approved master’s level Advanced Practice Nurse program or accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Advanced Practice Nurse Licensure in Illinois and certification by a national credentialing organization or Active PA license in State of IL. Active DEA license or ability to apply for such license prior to or upon hire.
Support and benefits
As a UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital Advanced Practice Provider, you will join our team of 111 APPs who enjoy the following support and benefits:
- Transformation Nursing Leadership with Magnet® Recognition, Shared Governance and Professional Practice Models, and Full Practice Authority Committee.
- Professional Nurse Internship and Ambulatory Nurse Residency Programs.
- Highly-competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive family-friendly benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, onsite childcare and sick childcare, generous vacation and retirement program.
About the Greater Rockford area
Rockford and northern Illinois offer world-class attractions, outstanding recreation opportunities and beautiful parks — all at a cost of living significantly below those of most metropolitan areas. And for a quick visit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison are each just 90 minutes away or less. The Greater Rockford area offers superb cultural, recreational and outdoor amenities along with an eclectic arts community of theater, symphony, museums and dance. With an award-winning park district, Rockford also offers unrivaled outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals plus Golf Digest-ranked golf courses, endless bike trails and extensive indoor and outdoor sports centers. In addition, we have excellent private, parochial and public school options including the renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5% nationally.
For more information on how you can advance your career with UW Health Northern Illinois, or to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration, please contact Emily Pfau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (779) 696-7019.