UW Health Northern Illinois seeks an Advanced Practice Provider (APRN or PA-C) to join our orthopedic surgery team at UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital in Rockford, Ill. We are looking for a dedicated candidate to provide our patients with high-quality treatment and that embodies our mission: “Through excellence in health care and compassionate service, we care for our community.”
Your clinical support includes
- Obtain patient history and perform assessments
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic procedures
- Provide counseling and education to patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventive health, treatment options and community resources
- Clinic schedule and inpatient rounding
- First assist in surgical procedures
- Full-time position (Monday-Friday) and on-call hours
- Completion of an approved master’s level Advanced Practice Nurse program or accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Advanced Practice Nurse Licensure in Illinois and certification by a national credentialing organization.
Support and benefits
As a UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital Advanced Practice Provider, you will join our team of 111 APPs who enjoy the following support and benefits:
- Transformation Nursing Leadership with Magnet Recognition, Shared Governance and Professional Practice Models and Full Practice Authority Committee.
- Professional nurse internship and Ambulatory Nurse Residency programs.
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive family-friendly benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, on-site childcare and sick childcare, generous vacation and retirement program.
About the Greater Rockford area
Rockford and northern Illinois offer world-class attractions, outstanding recreation opportunities and beautiful parks — all at a cost of living significantly below those of most metropolitan areas. And for a quick visit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison are each just 90 minutes away or less. The Greater Rockford area offers superb cultural, recreational and outdoor amenities along with an eclectic arts community of theater, symphony, museums and dance. With an award-winning park district, Rockford also offers unrivaled outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals, plus Golf Digest-ranked golf courses, endless bike trails and extensive indoor and outdoor sports centers. In addition, we have excellent private, parochial and public school options, including the renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5 percent nationally.
For more information on how you can advance your career with UW Health Northern Illinois or to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration, please contact Emily Pfau at email@example.com or call (779) 696-7019.