UW Health Northern Illinois seeks an Advanced Practice Provider (APRN or PA-C) to join our pulmonology team at UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital in Rockford, Illinois.
We provide specialized care for patients with pulmonary diseases including lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, asthma, interstitial lung disease and sleep disorders including sleep apnea.
In this position, you will enjoy a busy outpatient practice, including procedures such as paracentesis. Your clinical support includes:
- Collaborative practice with employed Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Specialists
- Comprehensive respiratory therapy program offering inpatient, outpatient and home health services and certification by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) nine years running.
- Certified Sleep Disorders Center with nine beds in two locations.
- 24-hour in-house hospitalist and intensivist coverage.
Support and benefits
As a UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital Advanced Practice Provider, you will join our team of 111 APPs who enjoy the following support and benefits:
- Transformation Nursing Leadership with Magnet® Recognition, Shared Governance and Professional Practice Models, and Full Practice Authority Committee.
- Professional Nurse Internship and Ambulatory Nurse Residency Programs.
- Highly-competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive family-friendly benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, onsite childcare and sick childcare, generous vacation and retirement program.
About the Greater Rockford area
Rockford and northern Illinois offer world-class attractions, outstanding recreation opportunities and beautiful parks — all at a cost of living significantly below those of most metropolitan areas. And for a quick visit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison are each just 90 minutes away or less. The Greater Rockford area offers superb cultural, recreational and outdoor amenities along with an eclectic arts community of theater, symphony, museums and dance. With an award-winning park district, Rockford also offers unrivaled outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals plus Golf Digest-ranked golf courses, endless bike trails and extensive indoor and outdoor sports centers. In addition, we have excellent private, parochial and public school options including the renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5% nationally.
For more information on how you can advance your career with UW Health Northern Illinois, or to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration, please contact Emily Pfau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (779) 696-7019.