The UW Health PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency rotation schedule includes a combination of required and elective rotations to ensure that the resident is exposed to a variety of experiences, patient populations and interdisciplinary teams. The final rotation schedule will be tailored to the resident’s needs and interests. Because of the ambulatory care model, rotations may be comprehensive or longitudinal in nature.
- Primary Care Clinic I (Clinical Development)
- Primary Care Clinic II (Precepting)
- Specialty Medication Management
- Neurology Clinic
- Administration (one of the following):
- Stewardship (ID or Anticoagulation)
- Specialty Pharmacy Management
- Oncology Regional Management
- Clinical Management
- Major Residency Project
- Primary Care Clinic/ Outpatient Pharmacy Practice
- Rheumatology Clinic
- Transplant Clinic
- Immunology/HIV Clinic
- Oncology Clinic
- Adult Pulmonary Clinic
- IBD Clinic/Infusion Center
- Anticoagulation Clinic (required if resident did not complete anticoagulation experience in PGY1 year)
- Inpatient General Medicine (required if resident did not complete inpatient training in PGY1 year)
- Medication Safety Leadership
The UW Health PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency program will provide training focused on the care of patients within primary care clinics, specialty care areas and transitional sites of care.
Specialty clinic rotations will be tailored based on the interests of the resident and experiences completed prior to the PGY2 residency year. The resident will participate in the education of pharmacy students and interprofessional colleagues and present research or quality improvement project findings at local, regional and national meetings.
Residents who successfully complete the Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency will be prepared for success as a clinical ambulatory care pharmacist capable of leading and managing ambulatory care services within a health care system.
Kristina Heimerl, PharmD, BCACP
UW Health Department of Pharmacy
3185 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
Phone: (608) 263-1290
Fax: (608) 263-9424
Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency (pdf)