Requirements for application for child life internship:
At time of internship applicants must be affiliated with a college or university with a child life program.
- Complete the Internship Readiness Common Application found at https://aclp.smapply.io. Detailed instructions on how to complete the application can be found in the guide (pdf).
- Email the downloaded application to afchCLinternship@uwhealth.org.
- The email subject line should state the internship session (Spring, Fall or Summer) and year.
- The PDF downloaded as part of the ACLP Internship Readiness Common Application is the only component that will be reviewed. No additional documentation will be required or reviewed for a candidate’s initial submission (no letters of recommendation, cover letters, resumes, etc.).
Please email afchCLinternship@uwhealth.org with any questions.
The Child Life Program at American Family Children’s Hospital offers a 16-week, 600-plus hour clinical internship accredited by the Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP), under the direction of Certified Child Life Specialists. The internship provides professional training to students preparing for certification and a career as a Child Life Specialist.
About the Child Life internship
Students accepted into the internship program will gain experiences and develop child life skills in both inpatient and outpatient areas.
UW Health will not be offering a Summer 2024 child life internship.
- Summer: Postmarked by Jan. 5
- Fall: Postmarked by March 15
- Spring: Postmarked by Sept. 5
The American Family Children’s Hospital Child Life Program follows the Association of Child Life Professionals’ internship offer and acceptance dates