UW Health Northern Illinois seeks two BE/BC Medical Oncologists (one with special focus on Breast Oncology) to join our team at the UW Health SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center in Rockford, Ill.
This position provides a comprehensive outpatient practice with consult-only inpatient care. Our Cancer Care team provides unopposed medical and radiation oncology support to the more than 260 employed providers of UW Health Northern Illinois Medical Group.
As a member of our team, you will receive the following support and benefits:
- Comprehensive interdisciplinary cancer services in our state-of-the-art cancer center with Commission on Cancer Accreditation and Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- Dedicated Breast Health Center awarded with National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- On-site PET and CT, 45 chair infusion unit, Paxman Scalp Cooling
- Quaternary support from the UW Health Carbone Cancer Center in Madison, Wis.
- 12-county regional referral area in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin
- Highly competitive salary guarantee commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive family-friendly benefits including six weeks of paid time off during guarantee
- Medical oncology call of 1:7 weeks
- Academic affiliation with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health can be explored for interested parties who directly engage in the teaching or research missions
- Affordable small-town cost of living with quick access to Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago
About the Greater Rockford Area
Rockford and northern Illinois offer world-class attractions, outstanding recreation opportunities and beautiful parks — all at a cost of living significantly below those of most metropolitan areas. And for a quick visit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison are each just 90 minutes away or less. The Greater Rockford area offers superb cultural, recreational and outdoor amenities along with an eclectic arts community of theater, symphony, museums and dance. With an award-winning park district, Rockford also offers unrivaled outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals plus Golf Digest-ranked golf courses, endless bike trails and extensive indoor and outdoor sports centers. In addition, we have excellent private, parochial and public school options including the renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5 percent nationally.
For more information on how you can advance your career with UW Health Northern Illinois, or to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration, please contact Jessica Marquez at email@example.com or call (779) 696-7073.