Applications for the Nurse Residency Program that are currently open:
Winter 2024 Inpatient and Ambulatory cohorts: Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis. We encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Summer 2024 Inpatient and Ambulatory cohorts: Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis. We encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Eligibility for the Nurse Residency Program
- Receive an Associate Degree in Nursing or Bachelor’s in Nursing Degree.
- Pass the NCLEX and have a WI RN License prior to start date in the Nurse Residency Program; (NCLEX exam to be scheduled no later than two (2) weeks prior to start date in nurse resident program).
- Must begin the Nurse Residency Program no more than 12 months after graduation from an accredited nursing school.
How to apply
Please submit the following items:
- Online application
- Current unofficial academic transcript
- Supplemental application (see below)
- Goal statement
The goal statement is an essay that includes the following components:
- What led you to nursing?
- What have you learned in nursing school that you will bring to your nursing practice?
- Why are you interested in the UW Health Nurse Residency Program?
- UW Health is committed to becoming more diverse and inclusive as a healthcare provider and workplace. How would you contribute to this?
Please follow these steps to apply:
Step 1: Supplemental application materials
Please complete prior to initiating the online application
Please refer to the unit descriptions below for additional information on patient care areas:
Step 2: Online application
Attach the supplemental application:
- Visit the UW Health Careers page and search Nurse Residency
- Register, if you have not already created an account
- If possible, combine the supplemental application and unofficial transcripts into one (1) PDF document, and combine the resume and goal statement into one (1) PDF document. It is acceptable to attach the documents separately, if necessary.
- Current employees must apply internally via Oracle Cloud. Home access is available at https://homeaccess.uwhealth.org/
Step 3: References
If you are selected to moved forward in the recruitment process, the next step is checking professional references. At UW Health, reference checks are completed electronically via the SkillSurvey reference checking service.
- Human Resources Recruitment will notify you, either via phone or e-mail, that we would like to begin checking your references.
- An email will be sent to you directly from SkillSurvey that includes a link to its website.
- You will need to enter the e-mail addresses, contact name, title, phone number and organization of four (4) professional references. Two (2) – three (3) references should be from clinical instructors and one (1) – two (2) references from either a clinical nurse manager, preceptor, or supervisor of past/current employment. If unable to enter this information within 48 hours of receipt of the initial email, please contact your Nurse Recruiter or Recruitment Specialist.
- Each of your references will receive an e-mail from SkillSurvey directing them to complete a confidential online survey regarding your past clinical/work performance.
- To help expedite the process, Human Resources recommends that you contact your references in advance and encourage them to complete the online survey in a timely manner.
- You should monitor the progress being made by your references by accessing the SkillSurvey website. Please contact those individuals who have not yet completed the reference survey.
Completed references are a tool used to evaluate and select the best candidate. Job offers are not extended to any candidate without completed references.