UW Health Northern Illinois seeks an BE/BC Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Physician to join our Critical Care team (comprised of 7 physicians and 4 APPs) at UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital in Rockford, IL. The physician will provide 24-hour coverage in our 30-bed Critical Care Unit, providing compassionate care to critically ill patients.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with passion and experience caring for the sickest patients in a critical care setting.
Opportunities also exist in our pulmonary clinic and sleep lab.
As a physician with our group, you will receive the following support and benefits:
Collaborating with interdisciplinary health care teams in diagnosis and treatment of conditions requiring critical care intervention
- Comprehensive quaternary support from UW Health University Hospital in Madison, WI, including E-ICU
- Effectively communicating with patient, family and staff to promote continuity of care
- Rotating day and night coverage (7a-7p or 7p-7a)
- ACCVPR certified cardiopulmonary rehab program with Pritikin ICR
- 6-bed pulmonary and sleep disorders clinic
- 12-county regional referral area and busiest ED in northern IL and southern WI
- Highly-competitive salary and comprehensive family-friendly benefits
- Affordable small-town cost of living with quick access to Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee
- MD or DO; BC or BE in Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine
- Active license in the State of IL and Active DEA license or ability to apply for a such license prior to or upon hire.
About the Greater Rockford Area
Rockford and northern Illinois offer world-class attractions, outstanding recreation opportunities and beautiful parks — all at a cost of living significantly below those of most metropolitan areas. And for a quick visit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison are each just 90 minutes away or less. The Greater Rockford area offers superb cultural, recreational and outdoor amenities along with an eclectic arts community of theater, symphony, museums and dance. With an award-winning park district, Rockford also offers unrivaled outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals plus Golf Digest-ranked golf courses, endless bike trails and extensive indoor and outdoor sports centers. In addition, we have excellent private, parochial and public-school options including the renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5% nationally.
For more information on how you can advance your career with UW Health Northern Illinois, or to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration, please contact Emily Pfau at email@example.com or call (779) 696-7019.