UW Health Northern Illinois seeks a Thoracic Surgeon or Cardiovascular Surgeon to join our system of more than 270 providers at UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital in Rockford, Ill. This position will work closely with pulmonology, medical oncology and radiation oncology. A rewarding practice in the heart of the Midwest alongside a strong oncology program with more than 65% of the market share.
- Seeking a BE/BC Thoracic Surgeon to support expansion and growth of a strong oncology program with more than 65% of the market share.
- Will work closely with pulmonology, medical oncology, radiation oncology
- Robotic surgery and ION experience required
- Academic appointments available with the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford
- Competitive salary with RVU incentives
- Additional compensation and bonuses
Support and benefits
SwedishAmerican offers a highly competitive salary guarantee with RVU production and other incentives. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Flexible insurance package with health, dental, vision, disability and life
- Generous vacation and CME benefits
- Flexible retirement program with corporate contribution
- Professional society dues and association fees
- Interview and relocation expenses
- Malpractice with tail coverage
About the Greater Rockford Area
Rockford and northern Illinois offer world-class attractions, outstanding recreation opportunities and beautiful parks — all at a cost of living significantly below those of most metropolitan areas. And for a quick visit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison are each just 90 minutes away or less. The Greater Rockford area offers superb cultural, recreational and outdoor amenities along with an eclectic arts community of theater, symphony, museums and dance. With an award-winning park district, Rockford also offers unrivaled outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals, plus Golf Digest-ranked golf courses, endless bike trails and extensive indoor and outdoor sports centers. In addition, we have excellent private, parochial and public school options, including the renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5 percent nationally.
For more information on how you can advance your career with UW Health Northern Illinois or to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration, please contact Jessica Marquez at email@example.com or call (779) 696-7073.