The UW Hospitals and Clinics and UnityPoint Health – Meriter Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency offers the following stipend and benefits:
- The Orthopedic Physical Therapist Resident will receive an annual stipend, paid on a bi-weekly basis.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage including basic dental and vision.
- Employee Reimbursement Account – pre-tax deductions made for reimbursement of approved medical and dependent care expenses.
- Additional benefits include life insurance, tax sheltered annuity and deferred compensation.
- Paid leave time to include eight personal days, nine holidays and five professional days
- Full access to the University of Wisconsin recreation, education and cultural facilities.
- General professional liability coverage that the hospital purchases for all hospital employees.
A program fee of $2,000 will be required after being accepted into the program. This fee is used to fund a portion of the administrative expenses of the program and credentialing costs and is not used for the application for employment process. It is due no later than the first day of the program. An additional curricular fee will be assessed for those residents hired by our affiliate clinics.
Salary, benefits and fees for residents who are not employees of the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics are negotiated with the owners of the private practices that make up the residency’s “Affiliated Clinics.” All Affiliated Clinics offer general malpractice/liability coverage to their employees.
For more information, please contact UW Health Recruitment at email@example.com or (608) 263-6500.