The Acute and Critical Care Occupational Therapist Fellowship at UW Health is a full-time, 12½-month program.
To be eligible for the Acute and Critical Care Occupational Therapist Fellowship Program, you must have:
- Graduated from a ACOTE accredited occupational therapy program
- Completed clinical internships/fieldworks as required by the academic program (preferably in the physical rehabilitation/acute care setting)
- Eligible for occupational therapist licensure in the State of Wisconsin and has obtained license prior to start of program.
- Must apply and obtain NPI number prior to starting the fellowship program
- Must obtain CPR certification
New graduates with a significant interest in acute care occupational therapy are eligible to apply if the meet the above-mentioned criteria.
To obtain information on licensing, contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Current resume/CV
- Cover letter detailing reason for application to the fellowship program
- Statement essay of goals and objectives (1,000 words) for fellowship area of interest in acute and critical care occupational therapy along with areas of research interest. Please include:
- Strengths and/or weaknesses that might influence participation in the program.
- Two clinical experiences that will contribute to your ability to succeed in the program.
- Three letters of recommendation including one from former professor/mentor and one from previous/current employer
- Submit all required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application period will open approximately Oct. 1
- The application deadline is Jan. 15
- Interviews will occur in February
- The expected offering date is March 1