The mission of the UW Health Acute and Critical Care Occupational Therapist Fellowship is to foster and augment the occupational therapist’s preparation in acute and critical care clinical practice to become leaders, scholars, clinicians, and future educators. This Fellowship will focus on case-based learning, mentorship, principles of evaluation and intervention, and decision making that is patient-centered and evidence-based.
The program will prepare the fellow by using:
- Experience in patient care
- Didactic education, independent study, journal clubs
- Analysis of applicable scientific and occupational therapy literature
- Observation of surgical procedures and the interdisciplinary team
- Presentations to staff and occupational therapy interns