Applications can be submitted for programs actively accepting applicants. Due dates will be posted in each application section. Interviews will generally take place a month following application deadline, with an anticipated start date of approximately 120–150 days after the applications due date.
Applications for UW Health APP fellowship programs must include the following:
- A recent copy of your CV/resume (including school name)
- A brief personal statement describing your interest in pursuing a career in the Advanced Practice specialty (600 words)
- Three letters of reference on letterhead (one must be from faculty or the Medical Director of your training program within the past three years) or current direct supervisor, if experienced APP.
- Note: All materials must be received to be considered for an initial phone interview. Second interviews will take place on-site at UW Health in Madison, Wis., or virtually.
- If Nurse Practitioner: Master’s or Doctorate’s degree from accredited nursing program.
- If Physician Assistant: Master’s degree from accredited PA program.
Licenses and certifications
Minimum: State of Wisconsin NP or PA licensure
If Nurse Practitioner
- Active RN and APRN certifications and licenses, including prescriptive authority, in state(s) of practice and
- Active board certification as a NP in area of clinical practice. These may include the following: Adult; Adult/Gerontology Acute Care, Adult/Gerontology Primary Care, Family and Gerontology.
If Physician Assistant
- Active PA license, including prescriptive authority, in state(s) of practice and
- Active PA board certification
All Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant applicants must have an active DEA license or the ability to apply for such license prior to or upon hire.