Who is eligible to apply to the program?
Any UW Health employee* who meets the following requirements is encouraged to apply:
- Has a 0.9 FTE or greater appointment.
- Has been a UW Health employee for at least six months.
- Has received no formal discipline or been on a performance improvement plan within the last six months.
- Has earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Continues to meet eligibility requirements throughout participation in the program.
Tuition for the program is completely covered. You may be responsible for some school or study supplies. Additional expenses, such as transportation to clinics for clinical requirements, are not covered as part of this program.
You will be provided with the following:
- Lab materials
- Additional instructional resources
- Academic support and tutorial services
- Program uniform — scrubs
* Temporary employees, employees-in-training and student employees are not eligible for the Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program
Current employee only start date is Dec. 4, 2023