Medical Assistants are critical members of health care teams in various ambulatory clinical settings. MAs are often the first and last person a patient interacts with, impacting the patient experience. MAs are trained in administrative, clinical and lab.
MAs perform a variety of tasks, such as:
- Obtaining patient vital signs
- Assisting providers with exams and procedures
- Administering medications and injections
- Performing EKG, phlebotomy and other essential lab procedures
- Checking patients in at their arrival and out and at the end of the visit
- Answering phone calls and messages
- Using electronic health records
- And so much more
The starting pay for Medical Assistants at UW Health is $19.22 per hour. UW Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.