The UW Hospitals and Clinics Sports Medicine Center offers a 12-week athletic training internship program with Forward Madison FC of USL League One.
The candidate will have comprehensive experiences in sports medicine in a soccer setting including but not limited to preventative injury management, acute injury, chronic overuse injury and return-to-play decisions.
This will be for weekday training and home games only (with possible exceptions). Two to four candidates will be accepted based on need and availability.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Athletic training care for players on daily basis (including, but not limited to: taping, treatments, documentation and first aid)
- Communicate with team athletic trainer, coaches and staff
- Provide in-house rehabilitation programs for player injuries
- Hydration management during training
- Pre-game field set up and post-game tear down
Questions? Email Mike Stout, MS, LAT