The Occupational Hand Therapy Fellowship at UW Health is a full-time, 13-month program.
To be eligible for the Occupational Therapy Fellowship Program, you must:
- Be a graduate of a ACOTE-accredited occupational therapy program
- Be a registered occupational therapist (OTR) and have six months’ experience, or more, in rehabilitation of upper extremity from any setting: Acute, chronic or lymphedema.
- Be eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in Wisconsin
- Obtain NPI number prior to start of fellowship program
To obtain information on licensing, contact the Wisconsin Department of Licensing.
Application and selection process
- Cover letter detailing the reason for an application to the fellowship program
- Statement letter of goals and objectives for fellowship area of interest in hand therapy research
- Current resume/CV
- Three letters of reference including one from a former employer
- Submit all required materials here
- The application period will open approximately Oct. 1
- The application deadline is March 1
- Interviews will occur in March
- The expected offering date is April 5
- The expected program start date is on or about July 3
- Full application screened, scored on standardized form and ranked
- Top 5-10 applicants advance to second review
- Face-to-face formal interview will be scheduled (virtual interview may be considered)