The Pediatric Physical Therapy Residency at UW Health and American Family Children’s Hospital is a new full-time, 13-month program.
To be eligible for the Pediatric Physical Therapist Residency Program you must:
- Be a graduate of a CAPTE accredited physical therapy program.
- Be eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the state of Wisconsin.
- Obtain NPI number prior to starting the residency program.
- New graduates should take the NBPT Exam no later than April in order to be eligible to start the program in July.
New graduates with a significant interest in pediatric physical therapy are eligible to apply.
To obtain information on licensing, contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Current resume/CV
- Cover letter that addresses the following questions:
- Why are you interested in completing a Pediatric Residency Program?
- What are your specific areas of interest?
- What makes you the right candidate for this program?
- Why are you interested in applying to the residency program at UW Health?
- How would participation in the Wisconsin Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (WI LEND) training advance your professional goals?
- What are your future career goals?
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two professional references)
- Submit all required material to email@example.com
- The application period will open Jan. 15, 2024
- The application deadline is March 15, 2024
- Interviews will occur in March 2024
- The expected offering date is Apr. 1, 2024