The Upper Extremity Physical Therapy Fellowship at UW Health is a full-time, 14-month program.
UW Health is dedicated to providing excellence in patient care, teaching, research and community service. The mission of the UW Health Upper Extremity Physical Therapy Fellowship Program is to encourage the development of physical therapists, focusing on upper extremity sports rehabilitation who are leaders, scholars, clinicians and future educators. This program will prepare the fellow by utilizing:
- Experience in patient care
- Didactic education, independent study, journal clubs and weekly remote collaborative lectures
- Analysis of applicable scientific and physical therapy literature
- Observation of surgical procedures
- Physician extender role in various UW Health clinics and through University of Wisconsin Athletics
- Teaching opportunities to interns, staff, faculty and community