The UW Health Athletic Training Residency Program prepares the athletic trainer to be a complete and versatile health care provider within the orthopedic clinic setting.
- State of Wisconsin Athletic Training licensure or (application in process)
- NATA-BOC certification
- NPI Number
- Two years’ experience as an athletic trainer is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPR/AED Certification
Application Requirements and Selection Process
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent (including decision to pursue residency program and future career goals)
- Three (3) professional letters of recommendation
Qualified candidates must submit a formal electronic employment application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application deadline: Friday, February 26, 2021 at midnight.
Once complete applications are received:
- Select candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.
- Qualified candidates will then be selected for mandatory, on-site interviews.
- Candidates will be responsible for all travel costs to and from Madison, Wis.
- Once in Madison, all other accommodations (meals, hotel, transportation) will be provided by the UW Health Athletic Training Residency Program.
- Final decisions will be made by the end of April and all candidates will be contacted.
Residency Program Costs
- State of Wisconsin License
- Board of Certification (BOC) Maintenance Fees
- OTC Exam Registration (reimbursed after successful completion of exam)
- Travel from home to clinical sites
- Parking at select clinical locations
Scholarships are not offered as part of the UW Health Athletic Training Residency Program