Applicants should submit a standard application through the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS). Please encourage reference writers to add a brief, program-specific comment if possible.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the PhORCAS portal page.
- If you have not created an account, select the Create New Account link and complete the account registration.
- From the PhORCAS portal page, log in and complete the application process.
All applications must include:
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 3 letters of reference
- Official pharmacy school transcripts
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE accredited College of Pharmacy
- Eligible for Illinois licensure
- US citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- For PGY2 applicants, successful completion of an ASHP accredited PGY1 residency (eligible for early commitment through the PGY1 program)
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency: January 8th, 2023
- PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy Residency: January 4th, 2023
- PGY2 Emergency Medicine Pharmacy Residency: January 14th, 2023
- PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residency: January 3rd, 2023
- PGY2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Residency: January 31st, 2023
PGY1 residents receive a stipend of $47,500 per year, and PGY2 residents receive a stipend of $50,000 per year. Additionally, each year residents receive the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance benefits
- Professional travel and meeting attendance reimbursement
- Free parking
- Concierge service
About UW Health Northern Illinois
For more than a century, SwedishAmerican Hospital has cared for our community and the great people who live here. That’s why we’re dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our community well. As a part of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in northern Illinois.
SwedishAmerican is also a teaching hospital that hosts the University of Illinois College of Medicine’s residency program. Clinical pharmacists are assigned to the emergency department, each floor of the hospital, specialty pharmacy, cancer center, retail pharmacy, and the pharmacist managed anticoagulation clinic.
Our robust pharmacy residency program has grown over the last few years, and we now offer five different programs:
Rockford is filled with museums, golf courses, unique shopping, acres of state parks to explore, along with some of the best restaurants around–there’s no limit to what you can find in the region. This friendly Midwest community offers a range of residential opportunities whether you’re looking for something out of the way, in the country, along the river, or right in the heart of the city–at a cost typically 20 percent less than that of bigger cities. Even better–we’re less than 90 minutes from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, making a weekend getaway simple.
Find out more
Are you looking for information on Pharmacy Residency Programs at UW Health Wisconsin?