About UW Health Northern Illinois
For more than a century, SwedishAmerican Hospital has cared for our community and the great people who live here. That’s why we’re dedicated to delivering high quality health care and strategies to keep our community well. As a part of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in northern Illinois.
SwedishAmerican is also a teaching hospital that hosts the University of Illinois College of Medicine’s residency program. Clinical pharmacists are assigned to the emergency department, each floor of the hospital, specialty pharmacy, cancer center, retail pharmacy and the pharmacist managed anticoagulation clinic.
Our robust pharmacy residency program has grown over the last few years, and we now offer five different programs:
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency
- PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy Residency
- PGY2 Emergency Medicine Pharmacy Residency
- PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residency
- PGY2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Residency
2023 Virtual Information Session
- UW Health Northern Illinois invites you to attend our 2023 Virtual Information Session to learn more about the programs we have to offer. You will have the chance to hear from current residents and program directors in program-specific breakout rooms.
- Our Virtual Information Session will be Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2023
- Please fill out this form to receive information about the session time and for Webex meeting information
Rockford is filled with museums, golf courses, unique shopping, acres of state parks to explore, along with some of the best restaurants around — there’s no limit to what you can find in the region. This friendly Midwest community offers a range of residential opportunities whether you’re looking for something out of the way, in the country, along the river, or right in the heart of the city — at a cost typically 20 percent less than that of bigger cities. Even better–we’re less than 90 minutes from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, making a weekend getaway simple.
Find out more
- Visit gorockford.com to learn about the community
- Take a look at our family-like culture: facebook.com/swedishamericanrockford