The Professional Advancement and Recognition program is designed to support professional development and to recognize professional contributions by occupational therapists and physical therapists at all points in one’s career.
The program serves as the formal process for promotion and advancement to develop and recognize clinical expertise.
Assessment Tools Used to Determine Advancement
Several tools are used to assess practice for advancement. Using multiple assessment tools improves the objectivity in decision making and provides therapists with multiple avenues by which to demonstrate their practice level. The following assessment tools are used in the Professional Advancement and Recognition model:
- Clinical Case Presentation (Applies to clinician and advanced clinician)
- Clinical Narrative (Applies to all Practice Levels)
- Interview Process (Applies to Clinician, Advanced Clinician, and Expert Clinician)
- Chart Review (Applies to Advanced Clinician and Expert Clinician)
- Portfolio (Applies to Advanced Clinician and Expert Clinician)
- Case Report (Applies to Expert Clinician only)
- Self Reflection (Applies to all Practice Levels; Refer to the Glossary of Terms)