The UW Health Pharmacy Technician Training Program in Madison, Wisconsin, has been designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to be successful in your career as a pharmacy technician. Our program is accredited through the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Our philosophy is to learn in a classroom environment, practice through simulated labs and do in actual patient-centered pharmacies.
There are already multiple career paths and advancements to choose from, as the role of the pharmacist continues to evolve, it continues to create more opportunities for the advancement of the pharmacy technician.
- April 6, 2020: Accepting applications
- June 5, 2020: Applications due
- June 2020: Interviews
- July 2020: Official notification of acceptance
- July 27, 2020: Class begins
- July 27, 2020: Accepting applications
- Sept. 25, 2020: Applications due
- October 2020: Interviews
- October 2020: Official notification of acceptance
- Nov. 9, 2020: Class begins
- Nov. 9, 2020: Accepting applications
- Jan. 8, 2021: Applications due
- January 2021: Interviews
- February 2021: Official notification of acceptance
- Feb. 22, 2021: Class begins
- Applicants must be 18 years of age (or 17 with requirements)
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Typical physical requirements: (Medium) Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Technicians may be required to stand for long periods of time.
The training program, located in our pharmacy-specific training center, is an 18-week program, including didactic/classroom time, lab time and experiential training.
Our program is designed to teach our students everything they need to know in order to be a skilled pharmacy technician.