The Sports Physical Therapy Residency at UW Health is a full-time, 14-month program.
To be eligible for the Sports Physical Therapist Residency Program you must:
- Be a graduate of a CAPTE accredited physical therapy program
- Be eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the state of Wisconsin
- Obtain NPI number prior to starting the residency program
- Possess one of the following prior to starting the program: A current ATC designation, a current license as an EMT or certification as an Emergency Responder
- New grads should take the NBPT Exam no later than April in order to be eligible to start the program in July
New graduates with a significant interest in sports physical therapy are eligible to apply.
To obtain information on licensing, contact the Wisconsin Department of Licensing.